Property Tax Assessment Appeals

Application for Changed Assessment

If you disagree with an assessment made by the assessor, you have the right to appeal the assessment to the Board of Equalization by filing a Application for Changed Assessment. A separate Application for Changed Assessment must be filed for each parcel.

Once the application has been filed and accepted by the Clerk of the Board, a hearing date will be set, at which time the applicant will be notified by mail at least 45 days in advance of the date of the hearing. The appeals board has two years from the date an application is filed to hear and render a decision. 

Additional information maybe obtained from the following websites

  • The Taxpayers Rights Advocate Office (click here); and/or
  • State Board of Equalization (click here)

Filing Periods

  • Regular Assessment appeal filing period: July 2nd through November 30th
  • Supplemental assessment appeal filing period: Within 60 days of the notice of assessment date

Mail Complete Original Forms to:

Board Clerk

Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors

2 S. Green Street

Sonora, CA 95370

(209) 533-5521

Assessment Appeals Forms