Behavioral Health Advisory Board
- To promote wellness, education, early intervention, prevention, treatment and recovery
- To advocate for consumers
- To protect/insure high quality services are available to all
- To advise the program and county administrators of community needs and concerns
The vision is to have a complete continuum of behavioral health care for Tuolumne County citizens without service gaps.
See following link to the Tuolumne County Behavioral Health Advisory Board Bylaws signed and approved in 2017.
California Welfare and Institutions Code Division 5, Section 5604 (AB 1424, effective 01/01/2016) mandates that each community mental health service agency have a mental health board to perform the following tasks:
- Review and evaluate the community's behavioral health needs, services, facilities, and special problems.
- Review any county agreement entered into pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5650.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors and the local behavioral health director as to any aspect of the local behavioral health program.
- Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional involvement at all stages of the planning process.
- Submit an annual report to the Board of Supervisors on the needs and performance of the county's behavioral health system. The annual report will be completed in the month best suited for this County's needs as determined by the Advisory Board.
- Review and make recommendation on applicants for the appointment of a local director of behavioral health services. The Advisory Board shall be included in the selection process prior to the vote of the Board of Supervisors.
- Review and comment on the county's performance outcome data and communicate its findings to the California Behavioral Health Planning Council.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Board of Supervisors.
Membership is comprised of between five (5) and fifteen (15) residents of Tuolumne County and should reflect the ethnic diversity of the client population within the county.
- At least 50% of the Behavioral Health Advisory Board membership shall be consumers, or the parent, spouse, sibling, or adult children of consumers, who are receiving or have received behavioral health and/or substance use disorder services.
- At least 20% of the total membership shall be consumers.
- At least 20% shall be families of consumers
- One member shall be from the Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors.
- Members serve in 3-year staggered terms.
Regular Scheduled Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm unless otherwise noticed on the County Website calendar.
All meetings will be held according to the Ralph M Brown Act. Meeting agendas will be posted for the public's awareness and public participation will be encouraged. Please see each month's posted agenda for additional information. View all Agendas and Minutes
Principal Staff Support
Direct staff support to the Behavioral Health Advisory Board will be provided by the Director of Behavioral Health, their designee, and other county staff as needed.
- Tami Mariscal, Tuolumne County Behavioral Health Director
- Pandora Armbruster, Administrative Support EMAIL US!