Board of Supervisors Solid Waste Committee
The Board of Supervisors Solid Waste Committee serves as an advisory group to the Board of Supervisors and is responsible for reviewing, commenting on, and recommending new policy and/or modifications to existing poilcy related to the collection and management of solid waste and to the solid waste disposal systems located throughout the County.
Issues considered by the Committee include:
- Franchise hauler service areas
- The location and nature of disposal facilities
- Collection systems
- Methods by which waste recycling can be maximized
- Funding the overall solid waste system.
The Solid Waste Committee is comprised of two members of the Board of Supervisors, one member from the Sonora City Council, and two At-Large Members of the public.
Principal Staff Support:
Solid Waste Director, Committee Secretary
Public Works Director
Environmental Health Director
- 1:00 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of the month
- Public Works Department, 3rd Floor Conference Room 3-A
48 Yaney Ave, Sonora, CA 95370
Agendas & Minutes
View Agendas Packets
Resolution No. 32-03 (March 11, 2003); Resolution No. 50-03 (April 8, 2003); Resolution No. 164-04 (September 21, 2004); Resolution No. 162-05 (December 6, 2005); Resolution No. 88-21 (September 14, 2021).