Emergency Operations Plan
Tuolumne County EOP Update 2023
From now until September, Tuolumne County OES will be developing the 2023 Tuolumne County Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and its Annexes in collaboration with various county stakeholders.
What is an Emergency Operations Plan?
An EOP outlines the overarching roles and responsibilities and coordination between various Tuolumne County government agencies (especially first responder agencies), jurisdictional and federal partners, private-sector partners, community groups, and the public, before, during, and after an emergency or disaster situation.
While emergency response and recovery activities are contingent upon the type and extent of the disaster, the EOP should be flexible and adaptable enough to be used in all scenarios.
Why do an update?
The EOP should be updated regularly to ensure it remains relevant and effective in responding to new and evolving hazards. Lessons learned from past events should be integrated into the plan, and it should reflect changes in regulatory requirements, hazards/risks, resources, and preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery capabilities of the County. The last update was in 2012.
What is the timeline for completion?
The EOP should be completed by September 5th, 2023. There will be three drafts of the Plan:
- Initial draft is due June 20
- Second draft is due July 17
- Final draft is due September 5
How will the public be involved?
Per SB 160, a total of three Public Information Meetings will be held to provide the public an opportunity to participate in EOP development. The first two meetings will be held prior to draft development to allow for public input before plan writing begins. The third meeting will provide the public with the opportunity to review and comment on the second draft of the plan, prior to the final draft.
- Public Information Meeting #1: April 29, 2023 from 12:30 – 5:00pm at the Tuolumne County Wildfire Preparedness Town Hall located at the Tuolumne Community Resilience Center (18241 Bay Avenue, Tuolumne, CA 95379).
- The public will be able to review a physical copy of the plan and provide comments via printed or electronic survey.
- Public Information Meeting #2: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 5:30 pm - If you missed the meeting, click HERE to view the recorded meeting. Click HERE for the PowerPoint presentation slides.
- Public Information Meeting #3: July 27th, 2023 at 5:30 pm. If you missed the meeting, click HERE to view the recorded meeting. Click HERE for the PowerPoint presentation slides.
- Printable Flier of the Above Information, Click HERE
To Review and Comment on the Draft EOP
How can I review the DRAFT EOP and provide comments, feedback, or update recommendations?
- To review the DRAFT EOP, Click HERE
- After reviewing the DRAFT EOP, complete the DRAFT EOP Public Comment Survey to submit comments, recommendations, and updates to the 2023 Plan.
- Attend the third Public Information Meeting to be held on July 27, 2023 at 5:30 pm via Zoom.
For access and functional needs accommodations such as translation/interpretation assistance to view and comment on the DRAFT Tuolumne County Emergency Operations Plan, please call or email the Office of Emergency Services at 209-533-6395 or email@example.com.
Para obtener adaptaciones para necesidades de acceso y funcionales, como asistencia de traducción/interpretación para ver y comentar el BORRADOR del Plan de Operaciones de Emergencia del Condado de Tuolumne, por favor llame o envíe un correo electrónico a la Oficina de Servicios de Emergencia al 209-533-6395 o firstname.lastname@example.org.