California is no stranger to drought; it is a recurring feature of our climate. We recently experienced the 5-year event of 2012-2016, and other notable historical droughts included 2007-09, 1987-92, 1976-77, and off-and-on dry conditions spanning more than a decade in the 1920s and 1930s. Check out The California Department of Water Resources link at https://drought.ca.gov/drought-assistance/
Read up on the Drought in California at https://water.ca.gov/-/media/DWR-Website/Web-Pages/Water-Basics/Drought/Files/Publications-And-Reports/DroughtBrochure2021update_ay11.pdf
Has your well gone dry? Do you need emergency water?
- Fill out our Intake form for the Tuolumne County Drought Assistance Program
- Report your dry well here https://mydrywatersupply.water.ca.gov/report/
- For farmers and ranchers, resources at https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/drought/
- Need to find a certified water hauler? https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/CDPH%20Document%20Library/FDB/FoodSafetyProgram/Water/CountyList.pdf
- Shallow Wells & Stream Flow, What you need to know. https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterrights/water_issues/programs/drought/docs/2021/shallow_wells_and_streamflow.pdf
Board Memos and Proclamations 2021 Drought
In the search box type drought, this will take you to Board Memos on Board Proclamations from the 2021 drought.