California is no stranger to drought; it is a recurring feature of our climate. We recently experienced the 5-year event of 2012-2016, and other notable historical droughts included 2007-09, 1987-92, 1976-77, and off-and-on dry conditions spanning more than a decade in the 1920s and 1930s. Check out The California Department of Water Resources link at https://drought.ca.gov/drought-assistance/
Read up on the Drought in California at https://water.ca.gov/-/media/DWR-Website/Web-Pages/Water-Basics/Drought/Files/Publications-And-Reports/DroughtBrochure2021update_ay11.pdf
Has your well gone dry? Do you need emergency water?
- Fill out our Intake form for the Tuolumne County Drought Assistance Program
- Report your dry well here https://mydrywatersupply.water.ca.gov/report/
- California Water Boards Drinking Water Well Replacement Program https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/grants_loans/caa/drinking_water_well.html
- For farmers and ranchers, resources at https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/drought/
- Need to find a certified water hauler? https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/CDPH%20Document%20Library/FDB/FoodSafetyProgram/Water/CountyList.pdf
- Shallow Wells & Stream Flow, What you need to know. https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterrights/water_issues/programs/drought/docs/2021/shallow_wells_and_streamflow.pdf
Board Memos and Proclamations 2021 Drought
Board Memo Drought dated 9.9.2021
In the search box type drought, this will take you to Board Memos on Board Proclamations from the 2021 drought.