How can I dispute penalties?
Taxpayers have the right to request a cancellation of a penalty assessment on secured and unsecured property by the Treasurer and Tax Collector. Taxpayers may request a penalty cancellation either orally or in writing.

The following reasons for late payment are common examples which are NOT sufficient enough for the Tax Collector as prescribed by state law to cancel penalties:

• I did not receive a tax bill
• I’ve never missed a payment
• My bank returned the check in error
• Your website rejected my payment
• I was out of town or Country
• The mailman did not pick up
• Bad weather

Show All Answers

1. Why are the tax due dates so close to Christmas and Income Tax filing?
2. Why are my taxes going up if property values are going down?
3. When are the tax bills mailed out?
4. I have a lien on my credit report. How do I get it removed?
5. How do I start a payment plan?
6. What should I do if I don’t receive a Secured Property Tax bill?
7. How can I dispute penalties?