How do I apply for IHSS?
You may contact the Department of Social Services at 533-5711 or 533-7352 to apply, or you may access and complete the Application for Social Services (SOC 295) at: and submit it to the Department of Social Services located at 20075 Cedar Road North, Sonora, CA 95370. IHSS Program staff will then contact you to schedule an intake appointment in your home to determine eligibility for the program.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for IHSS?
2. How do I request an increase in my IHSS hours, and to whom do I make this request?
3. Who will provide the IHSS services once they have been determined?
4. How does my care provider get paid?
5. I'm an Independent Provider, and the recipient refused to sign my time card. How do I get paid?
6. What happens if my Independent Provider works more hours than are authorized?
7. How does a Medi-Cal share of cost affect my IHSS services?
8. How long does it take to receive a pay check once I have submitted a timecard?