What do I do about a dead animal?

If the dead animal is on the highway call Cal Trans (984-4438 or 586-3851). If the dead animal is located on a County maintained road, call Animal Control to remove the carcass.  Deceased animals are usually picked up on Wednesday afternoon.  You can request your deceased domestic animal (dogs and cats) be picked up for a fee of $98.75, depending on staffing availability.  

Show All Answers

1. Where is the shelter located?
2. What is the difference between Animal Control and the Humane Society?
3. How do I license my dog?
4. Are there low cost vaccination clinics?
5. What happens if I am bitten by a dog or my dog bites someone?
6. What happens if my dog or cat is exposed to wildlife?
7. What if I have a complaint about an animal?
8. What if I see a neglected animal?
9. What about barking dogs?
10. What do I do about feral cats?
11. What do I do about wildlife problems?
12. What do I do if my pet is lost?
13. How do I adopt a pet?
14. What if I have to give up a pet?
15. What do I do about a dead animal?