Hitching Post - Wedding Chapel
The “Hitching Post” was established in 2016 as a way to allow couples to be married in a private chapelWe are honored to be part of your special day.
- Hours of operation: M-F 8-5:00 P.M. excepting holidays.
- To purchase your marriage license and/or arrange for a County Clerk to perform your ceremony, please refer to the County Clerk.
- Check in on the second floor with the County Clerk prior to your ceremony. If you are writing your own vows, please inform the County Clerk prior to your ceremony.
- Guests are welcome to wait in the chapel for the arrival of the bride & groom.
- You may bring your own officiant and use the chapel free of charge. No appointment is required but you may wish to check with the Clerk to see if the chapel is being used.
- This charming chapel seats up to twelve (12) people. You may remove the seats and use as standing room for approximately (15) people.
- There is seating in the adjacent hall for approixmately seven (7) people.
- Stained glass windows provide privacy and beautiful lighting in the chapel throughout the year.
- The chapel is decorated with historical photos, antique furniture and floral décor. Décor is changed for each season.
- There are photo opportunities throughout the chapel area. County staff do not provide professional photography services.
- Please sign our “Guest Book” as we love to see who comes to visit our quaint chapel.
- Once your ceremony has been completed, the Recorder’s Office is on the same floor and will gladly register your marriage license at that time.
- There are public restrooms on the same floor as the chapel.
Do’s and Don’ts
Do have a wonderful experience!
Do take lots of photos!
Do sign our Guest Book!
Do ask questions if you have them.
Do put chairs back as originally set up when ceremony is complete.
Don’t throw anything you are not willing to clean up yourself as cleanup is your responsibility.
Don’t remove decorations from the chapel. They are changed seasonally.
Don’t forget to put chairs back in their original set up prior to leaving the building.
You are offered the opportunity to purchase your registered marriage certificate prior to your departure from our building or you may purchase your marriage certificate at any time after the ceremony via mail or in person. Please see our website or print the following Marriage Certificate Application. The fee is $17 for each certificate. Cash or check is best. There is an additional $7 charge for use of a credit/.debit card.
There are many special event folks here in Tuolumne County who are more than willing to assist you with any needs for your special day such as photography, flowers, wedding dresses, suits, receptions etc. all at affordable prices. Please search online for your needs.