Read the FAQS!

The State Task Force has put together a Frequently Asked Questions document for homeowners looking to hire tree fellers.  The document can be accessed by following this link.

Q: I have a lot of dead trees on my property. Who can I contact?

A: If you tree is near a power line, you can contact PG&E at 1-800-743-5000. If your tree is near a water system or flume, you can contact the water district which is applicable to your water supply.
Q: Can the County remove dead and dying trees from my property?

A: The County can remove dead and dying trees that are within striking distance of a County maintained road or County maintained structure. Some of these trees may be on private property, which is why the Right of Entry Permit is required to access your land. Signing the Right of Entry Permit does not guarantee that you will have trees marked and removed; however, we cannot enter the property if the Right of Entry Permit is not signed and returned.

Q: Can the County provide a timeline for work being done on my property?

 A: No. Unfortunately, it is not feasible with the resources available to contact each individual homeowner before work is started on their property. The pace of work depends on many factors including terrain, weather, and technical skills needed to remove the tree; making it very difficult to estimate how long each project will take and when work will begin on a specific parcel. Once all the trees have been marked in a project area, a Request for Proposal will be developed and distributed to pre-qualified contractors for contract selection.
Q: What do I need to do to receive assistance under the SRA funding?

 A: This funding is no longer available and this particular grants program has been closed out. In the future, there may be additional grants to assist residents with private property; however, we do not have any current programs to assist homeowners with trees endangering their private property.
 Q: I have a dead tree that I am worried will fall before the County gets to my property. What should I do?

 A: If a homeowner has a dead tree that he or she feels is an immediate threat to their life , the homeowner should contact local tree falling contractors to remove the tree. However, this operation will not be reimbursable through the grants that the County has received.