Board of Supervisors
THE ROLE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE SUPERVISORS
The Board oversees the management of the County government and special districts. The Chair for 2017 is Sherri Brennan.
In its legislative duties, the Board adopts ordinances, resolutions and minute orders within the limits prescribed by State law. As an executive body, the Board:
- Establishes policy
- Approves the annual budget
- Appoints a County Administrative Officer, County Counsel, and Clerk of the Board, as administrative and legal staff to the Board
- Conducts public hearings on land-use, committees, commissions and certain special districts
- Serves as the Joint Powers Authority Board for the Tuolumne Public Power Agency, the Air Pollution Control Board and the Board of Equalization
The Board of Supervisors adopted:
- Tuolumne County Vision, Mission and Value Statement adopted by the Board of Supervisors on January 7, 2014.
- 5 Year Plan adopted March 7, 2017
- Annual Board of Supervisors Goal adopted by the Board of Supervisors on March 7, 2017
- Special Meeting 02-09-16 at 6:00 p.m. in Columbia. Regarding: Foothill Land Development, LLC/Cross Development - Columbia
- Special Meeting 02-21-17 at 6:00 p.m. in Lake Don Pedro Regarding: Foothills Land Development, LLC/Cross Development - Lake Don Pedro
- Special Meeting 03-07-17 at 6:00 p.m. at Mother Lode Fairgrounds
Information on the Board of Supervisors meetings, please click here.
nformation related to Appointed Bodies, Committees and Commissions to the Board of Supervisors
- Monthly Committee and Commissions Clerk’s Report - August 1, 2017
- The Chair’s Annual Board Member Appointments to Committees & Commission for 2017
- Board, Committee and Commissions Application
- Board, Committee and Commissions Annual Notice of Vacancies - Posted January 6, 2016
- Annual Committee and Commission Handbook